Building Design for Animals
SWVS 2020 Hospital Design Satellite Session
This year BDA will be hosting a FREE 3-hour Hospital Design Satellite Session: DESIGNING and BUILDING the FACILITY you can AFFORD and PROSPER in.
The Southwest Veterinary Symposium is always a great event with live sessions, interactive labs and an exhibit hall for the veterinary community. This year BDA and our construction partners CMP, Inc. will be sponsoring a Hospital Design Satellite Session within the conference that will be FREE to attendees!
The event will be a 3-hour assembly of TED-style presentations to address the concerns veterinarians must face for a successful design and construction project. The sessions, presented by leading industry experts, will be valuable for all types of projects - freestanding buildings, renovations or leaseholds. Attendees will leave with tools to move forward in their decision making, and design ideas from leading-edge facilities that they can consider incorporating.
Experts will be on-hand to provide guidance in hospital design, financing, acoustic and odor control, and contracting for construction.
What you’ll learn:
- Designing your ideal floor plan
- How big you should build, how much it will cost, how long it will take
- Practice metrics to determine what your practice can afford
- Selecting the right lender and loan
- Assembling a successful loan package
- Selecting and working with architects, engineers and contractors
- Design features of today’s best hospitals
- Achieving thermal comfort and odor & acoustic control
- Managing a construction project while staying in business
- Panel discussion
BDA will also be providing free 30-minute veterinary architect consultations to attendees on Friday, Saturday and Sunday following Thursday’s presentations. Speak to an architect and bring your questions, ideas and sketches!