Building Design for Animals
Project Manager / Architect
BDA – a different kind of design firm!
We are a group of professionals passionate about animal health and wellness. Our practice is devoted to creating healthful places that heal and enrich the lives of all creatures. Many firms specialize in health care for humans but very few do so for those animals that enrich our lives but cannot speak for themselves. We do and are seeking like-minded people to join us. If you are an experienced architect or project manager (licensure not required) passionate about animal welfare and looking to make a difference in your professional life we want to meet you. This position is a full charge project manager who has the experience and expertise to drive projects to success. Working with a principal and design staff this person will have direct influence on the creation of veterinary hospitals and clinics, zoo health care, animal shelters and rescue centers, university schools of veterinary medicine, service animal training centers and much more. Our practice has worked in every corner of the country and internationally. We have a reputation in the animal care professions as world-leading designers of state-of-the-art facilities. Beyond design we work with our construction counterpart to build many of our projects.
- This is a full-time position with full benefits.
- We are AutoCad based but welcome those with Revit experience. SketchUp and Lumion a plus.
- Duties are as typical for a primary responsibility architectural project manager. If you’re not sure what that entails this is not the position for you.
- Design aptitude and problem-solving skills are given higher consideration.
- Excellent client communication skills are essential.
- Work collaboratively with consultants, in-house interiors department, and other staff.
- Help in creating the next generation of animal care with innovative forward thinking design solutions.
- Salary and benefits are very competitive for this position.
- Travel opportunities to our out of state project locations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an NAAB-accredited program.
- +5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in AutoCad and/or Revit.
- Proficient in other 3D modeling and rendering preferred.
- Ability to produce presentation quality drawings and documents.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with employer contribution regardless of your elective deferrals.
- Profit Sharing plan contribution.
- Performance Bonuses.
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage for employee and immediate family.
- Paid holidays and time off – vacation accrual starts on day 1, with 2 weeks in the first year.
- Available partial work from home option. This position does require being physically located in our city.
- Signing bonus equal to 5% of projected year one salary.
- Financial support of up to $2000 for relocation expenses.
BDA strives for longevity and growth with our employees. Therefore, our compensation and benefits package are extremely competitive. Our healthcare and retirement contributions exceed industry and local standards, and our yearly bonus program is virtually unmatched. Although we take our work seriously, the office environment at BDA is fun and casual. We are pet friendly and many employees bring their dogs to work. In the summer we work slightly extended hours Monday thru Thursday, with afternoons off on Fridays. We also offer an optional hybrid work schedule year around that allows employees to work from home 2 days a week, and in the office 3 days a week. We do our best to work smart and efficiently, limiting the need for after-hours or weekend work.
BDA is located in Albuquerque, NM – an up-and-coming city surrounded by world class outdoor recreation - including skiing, hiking, cycling and mountain biking, rock climbing and more. We boast 350 average days of sunny skies, with mild winters and summers. Albuquerque is rich in culture, history and diversity, with excellent museums, festivals and events. We are famous for our local cuisine and home to one of the most flourishing craft brewery scenes in the country. Furthermore, Albuquerque has very affordable housing and a low cost of living.
If you are interested in a unique and challenging position with a renowned and specialized architecture firm, please send your resume, along with references to BDA_HR@bdaarc.com
BDA is not currently sponsoring USA work visas.
EEO: All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class.