Building Design for Animals
CAD Technician / Drafting
Tired of drafting generic strip malls and office buildings? Would you like to use your computer drafting skills for a more exciting and unique project type? Are you also an animal lover? If you answered yes, we want to meet you! We are BDA Architecture, an award-winning architectural firm that specializes exclusively in the design and construction of animal care facilities all across the country and internationally. Our project types include veterinary hospitals, animal shelters and rescue centers, service animal training centers, zoo health care, and university schools of veterinary medicine. Our professional team is passionate about animal health and wellness and we are devoted to creating healthful places that heal and enrich the lives of all creatures. We are looking for a likeminded experienced individual to join our team in Albuquerque, NM.
This position is for a full time (+full benefits) CAD technician who can work proficiently in AutoCAD Architecture. Daily tasks will include architectural computer drafting and detailing, coordinating and managing project drawings, communication with project managers and designers, and meeting project deadlines and schedules. Candidates should also be self-motivated, flexible, organized, good at multi-tasking and capable of taking instruction, learning and adapting. 3D computer program skills are not required, but additional consideration will be given to those with experience and knowledge of Revit, Sketchup, and Lumion.
- 3+ years experience in a similar position.
- Associates degree or equivalent in Architectural Technology or related major.
- Experience and proficient skills in AutoCAD are required. 3D computer program skills in Revit, Sketchup, and Lumion are a plus.
- Ability to produce Schematic and Construction Document level drawings.
- Basic knowledge of building construction and systems.
- Strong sense of graphic presentation and design.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with employer contribution regardless of your elective deferrals.
- Performance Bonuses.
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage for employee and immediate family.
- Paid holidays and time off – vacation accrual starts on day 1, with 2 weeks in the first year.
- Available partial work from home schedule. Note, this position does require being physically located in our city.
- Signing bonus equal to 5% of projected year one salary.
- Financial support for some relocation expenses.
BDA strives for longevity and growth with our employees. Therefore, our compensation and benefits package are extremely competitive. Our healthcare and retirement contributions exceed industry and local standards, and our yearly bonus program is virtually unmatched. Although we take our work seriously, the office environment at BDA is fun and casual. We are pet friendly and many employees bring their dogs to work. In the summer we work slightly extended hours Monday thru Thursday, with afternoons off on Fridays. We also offer an optional hybrid work schedule year around that allows employees to work from home 2 days a week, and in the office 3 days a week. We do our best to work smart and efficiently, limiting the need for after-hours or weekend work.
BDA is located in Albuquerque, NM – an up-and-coming city surrounded by world class outdoor recreation - including skiing, hiking, cycling and mountain biking, rock climbing and more. We boast 350 average days of sunny skies, with mild winters and summers. Albuquerque is rich in culture, history and diversity, with excellent museums, festivals and events. We are famous for our local cuisine and home to one of the most flourishing craft brewery scenes in the country. Furthermore, Albuquerque has very affordable housing and a low cost of living.
If you are interested in a unique and challenging position with a renowned and specialized architecture firm, please send your resume, along with references to BDA_HR@bdaarc.com
BDA is not currently sponsoring USA work visas.
EEO: All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class.